«Key Dates Contents Page Saturday 6 th December Term 4 Ends Saturday 13 th & Sunday 14 th November – See End of Year Concert Key Dates 1 website for ...»
Newsletter End of Term 4 2014
Key Dates Contents Page
Saturday 6 th December
Term 4 Ends
Saturday 13 th & Sunday 14 th November – See
End of Year Concert Key Dates 1
website for your child’s concert date & time Summer School 1
Friday 6 th February 2015 Term 1 Fees Due By 2015 Enrolments 1 Friday 19 th December – Monday 12 th January Premier Office Closed Uniforms 2 Saturday 24 th January & Thursday 29 th January Open Day/Uniform Fitting Friday 30 th January – Thursday 2 nd April Term 1 2014 Toddler Dance 2 Saturday 18 th April – Saturday 27 th June Term 2 2014 Open Class Sunday 21 st June Charity Show Past & Present 2 Monday 13 th July – Saturday 19 th September Term 3 2014 Student News Monday 5 th October – Saturday 5 th December Term 4 2014 Concert 3 -4 Week of 7 th – 13 th December 2015 2015 Concert Information Contacting Us 4 2015 Summer School The Office will be CLOSED Wednesday 21 st – Saturday 24 th January
Classes include: Open Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary & Repertoire
This invoice is not due until Friday 6th February 2015.
If you don’t receive an invoice, please contact the office as soon as possible as your enrolment may not have been received.
Enrolment deposits are only refundable before the 6th December 2014
PAYMENT OPTIONS ARE ON YOUR INVOICE, PLEASE READ CAREFULLYIf you are going to be absent at the beginning of the new term, or for more than 2 lessons during the term, please notify us (by email if possible) as after 2 lessons we will assume you are not returning.
If notice is not given a full term’s fees may be payable.
1st Floor Centro Milton Baroona Rd MILTON 4064 | 2ND Floor Clayfield College Sport Complex Cnr Wagner & Sangate Rd CLAYFIELD 4011 PO Box 989 Kenmore 4069 | T +61 7 3369 1133 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Website www.thepremierdance.com Uniforms
UNIFORM IS REQUIRED FOR ALL BALLET STUDENTSPresentation and grooming is an important element in the art of dance.
All graded ballet students are required to wear our uniform, which gives a sense of pride in belonging to our school.
Please note the uniform is not compulsory for; Toddler to Prep Dance students, Adult Ballet, Jazz and Tap students, but is highly recommended. However, it is compulsory for students taking Jazz & Tap tests.
Our uniform including shoes, tights and accessories are available from the Milton Studio and make great Christmas stocking fillers for new students.
Premier Dance Gift Certificates, Warm Up Onesies and Dance Bags are also available for Christmas gifts. We have a large selection of hair accessories for sale.
During the last week of term we will be holding an open week for Toddler Dance Students where parents and relatives are invited to watch their child’s class. Please note there will be limited seating and cushions available.
Past & Present Student News MISS CHARLIE – Charlotte and her fiancé Ryan were married in October. We’re looking forward to having her back in 2015 and thank talented past students Miss Dymie and Miss Laura for teaching our Clayfield students in Term 4.
MISS KATHERINE - Passed Advanced 2 to achieve her A.R.A.D MISS TESS – Completed her Bachelor of Creative Industries (Entertainment) at QUT.
MISS SASHA – Completed Bachelor of Design (Architecture).
MISS FLEUR – Completed Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) / Bachelor of Science (Geology) MISS GRACE – Moved to the US in November to dance professionally with a circus group.
AEDEN PITTENDREIGH (past student) - Completed his first year performing with the Zurich Ballet Company.
LILLIAN EASTERBROOK – was a Level 4 Interstate Program student at the Australian Ballet School and completed Level 2 of the JEP program at QLD Ballet in 2014. Lilly will be moving to Melbourne in 2015 to attend the Australian Ballet School fulltime course.
ROSE DALTON – was a finalist in the RAD JM Awards and the BPAC competition. She was also a Level 3 Interstate Program student at the Australian Ballet School and completed Level 1 of the JEP program at QLD Ballet in 2014. Rose will be Level 4 in the Interstate Program at the Australian Ballet School in 2015 and was also successful in gaining a place in the QLD Ballet JEP Program.
ALEX SMITH – Completed Level 1 of the JEP program at QLD Ballet in 2014. Alex will be moving to Sydney in 2015 to attend the TPCC – Tanya Pearson Classical Coaching fulltime course.
JACINTA EAVES – Completed 2nd year of the Associate Dance program at WAAPA.
ESSIE HORN - Completed 2nd year of the Bachelor of Arts (Dance) WAAPA.
FREYA CAMPBELL – Completed 1st year of the Bachelor of Speech Pathology at ACU.
KATIE COOKE & GEORGINA McNEE – Completed their 2nd year of Bachelor Fine Arts (Dance) at QUT KIARA CAMPBELL, TRISHA HARIJATNA, XENA NOVOSAD and PORTIA MEADOWS – Completed Year 10 at QDSE GABBY ROWSELL – Completed Year 12 Diploma of Dance at QDSE.
BROOKE THOMPSON & JACK ROWAN– Have been accepted into the Joffrey Ballet School in New York.
BROOKE THOMPSON – Passed Advanced 2 to achieve her A.R.A.D and completed her first year of the Diploma of Dance at ADPI.
JACK ROWAN – Completed his Certificate 4 in Dance at ADPI.
MADDISON TANNER – Completed Year 9 QDSE and has been accepted into Year 10 QLD Ballet Senior Program.
AMITY WOLFF, FIONA HEFFERNAN, ROSE WAKELEY – will attend QDSE in 2015.
FIONA HEFFERNAN, EILIDH HEFFERNAN, MADELINE CLARK, SOPHIE BOWMAN– were successful in progressing into the second round of auditions for the QLD Ballet’s JEP PROGRAM 2015 LILLY EASTERBROOK, LUKE PERKINS – Performed in the BCYB production of Snow Queen LUKE PERKINS – Accepted into Level 3 of the Australian Ballet School Interstate Program.
HARRISON FLETCHER, ISABELLA MAGNUS – Accepted into Level 1 of the Australian Ballet School Interstate Program.
BROOKE THOMPSON, KIARA CAMPBELL, FIONA HEFFERNAN, EILIDH HEFFERNAN - Will perform in the Ballet Theatre Queensland production of Sleeping Beauty in January.
HARRISON FLETCHER, ROSE DALTON, LILLIAN EASTERBOOK, AMITY WOLLF – Performed with the QLD Ballet productions of Coppelia, Romeo & Juliet, and The Nutracker.
We had outstanding results for the Royal Academy of Dance and Tapatak Examinations this year.
This year we raised over $15 000 from our Charity Performance with Sayers Dance Centre in June.
This was split between Olivia’s lunch and Youngcare. Congratulations to everyone who participated!
End of Year Concert – Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th December 2015 We are excitedly entering into the final preparations for our end of year concert for 2014, Dance, Cinderella, Dance. We acknowledge that this is a busy time for everyone with loads of notes and directions. Please understand that this is to help you as much as possible, for the smooth running of the event and for most importantly for the safety and enjoyment of your children and your family.
We would like to remind our Premier Dance parents that all performers are required to attend a compulsory rehearsal at the St Peter’s theatre. These rehearsals are highly important for students and teachers to place their dances on the stage and also for students to orient themselves with the theatre. It is our policy that performers must attend their stage rehearsal to be confident and able performing in their concert. If you have any unavoidable clashes with your child’s rehearsal please contact the office as soon possible.
Your performance and rehearsal time is on our website (under News2013 Concert) Each performance is approximately 2.5 hours long with one interval.
Every class will perform an item in both the first and second half of the concert.
DROP OFF FOR REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES
• Students must arrive 45 minutes before the performance start time. Please be punctual so that we can ensure all students are in their dressing rooms prior to the concert commencing.
• Creative; Pre-Prep; Prep; Junior Jazz & Tap: Please register your child with Premier Dance Staff at the amphitheatre, located between the Performing Arts Complex (PAC) & the Chapel. Once registered, please take your child into the theatre to meet their class group and supervisor. We suggest discussing this process with your child in advance so that they will be comfortable leaving you at this point.
• Pre-Primary ballet upwards and Junior Jazz/Tap/Hip Hop upwards: We ask that parents drop off and pick up these students from the foyer outside the auditorium. There will be Premier Dance staff on hand to direct you.
HAIR & MAKEUP
• Performers should arrive at the theatre with makeup and hair done, ballet tights on and correct footwear in their bag.
Do not wear your class leotard or uniform. A loose fitting dress or buttoned shirt is best so as not to mess up hair and make up when being removed.
• MAKE-UP should consist of: Powdered foundation, blush, brown eye shadow & a red Colorstay Lipstick. Blot the excess & it won’t smudge or end up on the costumes.
• Young children should not bring makeup (including lipstick) to the theatre. We will be using theatrical lighting so make up needs to be heavier than normal- Mascara is at your discretion.
• (Please see our website under “News” for hair and makeup tutorials).
• Please send extra bobby pins & hairspray to the performances so that we can secure your child’s headpieces.
WHAT TO BRING
• PLEASE NAME YOUR CHILD’S BELONGINGS
• FOOD & DRINK: Please only send a named water bottle and a non-messy snack (Nut-Free). E.g. Cheese & Crackers, Fruit. Students are not permitted to eat in the dressings rooms but will have an opportunity to have their snack at a time when they are not required on stage.
• Creative Dance/ Pre-Prep/ Prep Students need pink jiffies or ballet shoes & ballet tights. No undies necessary under tights please as they may show under the costume.
• Ballet Students need leather/canvas ballet shoes with one piece of elastic & ballet tights.
• Jazz & Tap Students need jazz tights and tan coloured jazz/tap shoes; it is important to note that Black dance sneakers may not be worn for performances.
• All Hip Hop Students need clean black sneakers.
COLLECTION AFTER THE SHOW
• Please arrange to meet your child inside the theatre, as ALL students will exit from the stage area through the theatre.
• Juniors will be brought onto the stage for collection after the show has finished. Parents should remain in their seats & listen for their grade announcements and one parent only should go & collect their child.
• Seniors may leave from the stage and meet their parents where arranged.
• If your child is in more than 1 show, parental supervision is compulsory between shows as staff will be busy resetting for the next show and cannot be responsible for your child. No Students will be allowed to leave the building without being collected by a parent.
THEATRE & PARKING
• We have attached a map of the school grounds for parking and to help with orientation of the Performing Arts Complex within the large school grounds.
• To assist you on the day of rehearsal and performances we would suggest taking a drive through the school grounds on a Saturday or Sunday prior to the event or give yourself plenty of time on the day to familiarise yourself with the location of the theatre to the many parking options that there is available.
• The PAC (Performing Arts Complex) - a large silver building in real life - is coloured navy blue on the map next to boys boarding. It is also positioned next to CH (chapel) which is a large white building with a large white cross.
• Please note the largest parking bay on College Rd is a suitable drop off and pick up zone for senior students who do not need a parent to walk them in.
• As St. Peters school will be closed for the year, there will be plenty of parking available and we will have signs directing you to the PAC, in addition to the school’s signs.
• There will be a canteen available with snacks and drinks at the rehearsals and performances. Please note that there is no eating or drinking inside the auditorium.
FIRE, HEALTH & SAFETY RULES.
• PARENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED BACKSTAGE IN THE THEATRE UNLESS YOU ARE A PRE-ARRANGED AND
CONFIRMED ROSTERED HELPER
• Only authorised people will be allowed backstage at both the rehearsals and performances.
• The doorkeepers will be acting under strict instructions not to allow any unauthorised entry.
• Those parents who received confirmation from us will have their name on our roster and will be able to go past the doorkeeper. THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR CHILDREN.
• We understand your concerns if this is your first concert with us and we assure you that your child will be cared for and supervised at all times.
• The backstage helpers are briefed on all safety aspects and our teachers, student teachers, senior students and staff will be present. Should your child be unhappy, we will page you to come back to the drop off point, so please relax and enjoy the show.
Contacting Us If you need to contact us, whenever possible please email email@example.com The office number is attended to during office hours. However if you do get our message bank please leave a message as the machine is checked often.
From all of us at Premier Dance, we wish you a safe holiday and look forward to seeing you again in 2015.