«by William Marshall © Copyright 2006 William H. Marshall. All Rights Reserved. Power Affirmations: Improve Your Thoughts, Improve Your Life ...»
162 Power Affirmations
Inspired by Wallace D. Wattle’s
“The Science of Getting Rich”
by William Marshall
© Copyright 2006 William H. Marshall. All Rights Reserved.
Power Affirmations: Improve Your Thoughts, Improve Your Life
Introduction to this New Group of 162 Power Affirmations
This is a work in progress as of June 2006, but I’m pleased to provide you with 162 new
Power Affirmations based on “The Science of Getting Rich,” by Wallace D. Wattles.
“The Science of Getting Rich” is a relatively short book, but powerful in its inspiration. In many ways, it’s similar to “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill in that it properly focuses on the supremacy of positive thought.
The Year was 1910… The year was 1910. Almost 100 years ago. Ten years before women even had the right to vote in the U.S., Wallace D. Wattles published his book, "The Science of Getting Rich." To put it into perspective, back in 1910, the majority of the modern conveniences that we now take for granted didn't exist.
Just a few prominent examples:
• The first self-contained electric washer was created (1910)
• Rutherford discovers the structure of an atom (1911)
• The hand crank is replaced with the first electric starter for cars (1912)
• The process to create gasoline from oil was created (1913)
• Henry Ford introduces the assembly line to manufacturing. That one change reduced the time to create a car from 12.5 to 1.5 hours (1913).
• Red and Green traffic lights are introduced for the first time in Cleveland, Ohio (1914)
• First commercial radio broadcast (1920)
• Women granted the right to vote! (1920)
• First Modern Olympic games (1924)
• Winnie-the-Pooh created by A.A. Milne (1926)
• Robert Goddard launches first liquid-fuel rocket (1926)
• First talking movie (1927)
• Mickey Mouse is created by Walt Disney (1928)
• Sliced bread widely available (1930)
• Air Conditioning invented (1931)
• Nylons on the market (1940)
• T-shirt introduced (1942)
• Ballpoint pens go on sale (1944)
• First computer built (1945)
• Microwave oven invented (1945)
• United Nations founded (1945)
• First modern credit card introduced (1950)
• Color TV introduced (1951)
-2Interested in the Power Affirmations “Science of Getting Rich” MP3 Recordings?
Click here to go to the order form now.
© 2006 William H. Marshall. All Rights Reserved.
Power Affirmations: Improve Your Thoughts, Improve Your Life
Wallace D. Wattles was a Visionary Of course, there's a lot more that was created and a lot more profoundly historical events that have taken place, but you get the idea. The point of providing this list is to put "The Science of Getting Rich" into historical perspective. The growth of the world economy since 1910, simply demonstrates just how on target this little book is regarding the process of creating new wealth. It is amazing to me that he was able to write such a book long before all of these accomplishments. He truly was a visionary.
A Rediscovered Classic The book has long passed into the public domain and has largely been forgotten. But now, largely thanks to the internet, the book is making an amazing comeback. Having read the book several times now, I completely understand why its popularity is growing.
I have read many of the classics of the self-help genre. And they are all fabulous. But as I look back on all I have studied and compare them with this small book by Wattles, I have to say that "The Science of Getting Rich" is superior in many respects.
Here are some of the reasons:
1. It is one of the clearest explanations of how new wealth is created out of the invisible, intangible powers in the universe through our thoughts.
2. The information and explanation he gives is simple, but complete on its own.
The works of others (including my own) really just provides details of how to tap into and use our mind power.
One of the advantages of "The Science of Getting Rich" is its simplicity.
Sometimes you can spend too much time researching and gathering new information. Too much information can result in mental overload and confusion.
When that happens, your powers of concentration are dissipated resulting in less power.
3. I now consider "The Science of Getting Rich" to be a foundational book—just as much as the classic "Think and Grow Rich" or "The Law of Success" by Napoleon Hill.
I wish I had read "The Science of Getting Rich" years ago before any of these other classic works. I would have learned vital lessons much faster, learned even more from these other works, and be even further ahead than I am now.
Since "The Science of Getting Rich" has come into my life at the beginning of February 2005, I estimate that I have read it about 15 times or more. It's one of those books I never get tired of re-reading or studying because the truths are so profound. And, yes, the thoughts and ideas are helping me increase my achievements and my wealth.
Get Your Own Copy of “The Science of Getting Rich” Right Now, For Free The really great news for you is that the book is available in PDF format for free over the internet. All you need to do is to go to http://www.poweraffirmations.com/sogr/. You'll have to join mailing list of the person providing the book, but the book is free. As a member of their list for over a year now, I can tell you that they do not abuse your email address. Their purpose is simply to share the philosophy with as many people as possible.
If you haven't already, I also recommend downloading my free e-book on affirmations.
That book contains a lot of information about affirmations as well as over 200 additional Power Affirmations.
In his book, "The Richest Man in Babylon," George S. Clason states:
"Our prosperity as a nation depends upon the personal financial prosperity of each of us as individuals."
I believe that not only do we each have a right to be rich, but a responsibility to get rich-in the right way, the creative way. When we get rich in the creative way, we also open the door for others to increase their wealth. Some modern examples: Microsoft, IBM, Apple.
These companies, and many others, create on-going wealth for millions of people: their founders, stockholders, employees, businesses who sell their products, customers who use their products to run their business. What would this world be like without people like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs?
How much wealthier will this world be when we have more companies who create more products, jobs and wealth? You can develop similar abilities to make a similar contribution to humanity (and reap similar rewards) when you learn to think and act in a "certain way."
After reading "The Science of Getting Rich," I am more convinced than ever that there is an infinite supply of wealth that exists in the universe right now. Today more than ever, we have the means to create as much wealth as we desire with the proper concentrated use of our thoughts.
If you want to learn how to get rich with mathematical certainty, request your copy of this life changing book immediately and start your (life long) study today.
A Summary of “The Science of Getting Rich” As I way to introduce you to “The Science of Getting Rich,” I thought I would repeat the final chapter of his book which is actually a summary of the key points. It’s only about a page and a half. The only changes I’ve made are to organize the summary into bullet points and to change the pronouns from the masculine to the feminine. I thought that might be a pleasant change for the women in the audience. Of course, the principles apply to everyone.
Here’s the chapter:
1. There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
2. A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.
3. A person can form things in her thought, and by impressing her thought upon formless substance can cause the thing she thinks about to be created.
4. In order to do this, a person must pass from the competitive to the creative mind.
Otherwise she cannot be in harmony with formless intelligence, which is always creative and never competitive in spirit.
5. A person may come into full harmony with the formless substance by entertaining a lively and sincere gratitude for the blessings it bestows upon her. Gratitude unifies the minds of individuals with the intelligence of substance, so that a person's thoughts are received by the formless.
A person can remain upon the creative plane only by uniting himself with the formless intelligence through a deep and continuous feeling of gratitude.
The person who wishes to get rich must spend her leisure hours in contemplating her vision, and in earnest thanksgiving that the reality is being given to her.
Too much stress cannot be laid on the importance of frequent contemplation of the mental image, coupled with unwavering faith and devout gratitude. This is the process by which the impression is given to the formless and the creative forces set in motion.
7. The creative energy works through the established channels of natural growth, and of the industrial and social order. All that is included in her mental image will surely be brought to the person who follows the instructions given above, and whose faith does not waver. What she wants will come to her through the ways of established trade and commerce.
8. In order to receive her own when it is ready to come to her, a person must be in action in a way that causes her to more than fill her present place. She must keep in mind the purpose to get rich through realization of her mental image. And she must do, every day, all that can be done that day, taking care to do each act in a successful manner. She must give to every person a use value in excess of the cash value she receives, so that each transaction makes for more life, and she must hold the advancing thought so that the impression of increase will be communicated to all with whom she comes into contact.
The men and women who practice the foregoing instructions will certainly get rich, and the riches they receive will be in exact proportion to the definiteness of their vision, the fixity of their purpose, the steadiness of their faith, and the depth of their gratitude.” End of the excerpt from “The Science of Getting Rich.” Share this Philosophy with Others The more people who understand and apply these principles to create new wealth, the more wealth will be available for everyone. The best path to peace and economic prosperity is to create a host of people all around the world who understand, believe, and apply this philosophy. Feel free to email this PDF to any of your friends.
I’ve Started Going Back to the Recording Studio to Record these New Power Affirmations Because I believe that these new Power Affirmations are important for myself and others, I have decided to make new recordings of these affirmations just like the other over 200 Power Affirmations in the introductory set.
The entire set of new Power Affirmations is not completed just yet. There’s a lot of recording and editing left to do; however, I have completed the recording and editing for the first 16 Power Affirmations in the attached list.
Which is More Effective for Recordings of Affirmations: Your Own Voice or Someone Else’s?
This is a question that comes up a lot. Are affirmations that you record in your own voice more effective for you than affirmations recorded by someone else? Perhaps it may make a difference—if you really follow through and record a lot of affirmations. I can tell you that to record a large number of affirmations is a lot of work.
For example, the 16 Power Affirmations that are currently available from this series took over 3 hours of recording and editing time in the recording studio. And that’s with the help of a professional recording engineer and tens of thousands of dollars of equipment and software. It would have taken me a lot longer to do it without any assistance.
More importantly, I’m not certain that it makes much difference to hear them in your own voice. I think what is more important is the quality of the recording—both the “performance” (conviction, tone, etc.) and the sound quality. You want something that is going to be easy to listen to again and again.
Why do I think that there’s not much difference in results? Take for example the general self-help recordings produced by a wide variety of people. For example, people like Tony Robbins, Napoleon Hill, Zig Zigar, or Brian Tracy. I’ve listened to recordings by these authors/speakers for years. Even though they are not affirmations, I have actually used them like affirmations by hitting the rewind button and listening to the same points over and over again (especially Tony Robbins’ Personal Power program).
That’s actually how I got the idea for the Power Affirmations program.
In fact, I think that having access to material recorded by someone else was actually
superior in my case for the following reasons:
1. The recordings were readily available. I could get started fast.
Years ago, I started to make my own recording of “Think and Grow Rich.” After recording only a few pages, I was so unsatisfied with the results that I quickly gave up. I knew it wasn’t going to work. I did some searching and discovered that there was a complete set of tapes already available. When I got them, I listened, and listened, and listened some more. It was so much easier. I finally wore the tapes out and purchased a new set when it was available on CD.