«Procedures for the estimation of vehicle emissions in an urban environment D. Rayfield, J.W.S. Longhurst, D E Conlan, A.F.R. Watson,. T. Hewison ...»
7. Ramsden, P.S., Longhurst, J.W.S., Dinsdale, J.A. and Elliott, R. (eds.) (1993) A Breathing Space. Vehicle related air pollution in North West England. MAP AC, Manchester.
8. Joumard R., Zafiris D. and Samaras Z.C. (1994) 'Comparative assessment of two forecasting models for road traffic emissions: a French case study ' Science of the Total Environment (146/7) pp351-358.
9. De Vlieger I., Lenaers G. and Craps R. (1994) 'Vehicle emissions estimations and measurements in Belgium.' Science of the Total Environment (146/7) pp217-223.
10. Knapp K.T. (1994) 'On-road vehicle emissions: US studies.' Science of the Total Environment (146/7) pp209-215.
11. Hickman A.J. (1994) 'Vehicle maintenance and exhaust emissions.' Science of the Total Environment (146/7) pp235-243.
12. Pattas K.N., Kyriakis N.A. and Samaras Z.C. (1994) 'Actual emissions of vehicles of the Nl category.' Science of the Total Environment (146/7) pp!91-199
13. Greater Manchester Transportation Unit (1993) Transport Statistics, Greater Manchester 1992, GMTU report No.265, Manchester.
14. Greater Manchester Transportation Unit (1990) Transport Statistics, Greater Manchester 1989, GMTU report No. 161, Manchester.
15. Eggleston, H.S. (1992) Pollution in the Atmosphere: Future Emissions from the UK, LR888 (AP) Warren Springs Laboratory, Stevenage.
16. ETSU (1994) U.K. Petrol and diesel demand. DoT and DTi, London.
17. DoT (1993) Transport Statistics, Great Britain 1993, H.M.S.O., London.
18. DoE (1992) Digest of Environmental Protection and Water Statistics, No. 14. H.M.S.O., London.
19. Longhurst, J.W.S., Lindley, S.J. and Conlan, D.E. (1994) 'Local Air Quality Management' in Air Pollution II Vol.2, pp525-532, (Ed. Baldasona, J.M., Brebbia, C.A., Power, H. and Zanetti, P.) Proceedings of the 2nd Int. Conf. Air Pollution 9J Barcelona, Spain, 1994.
Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton.
20. Samaras Z.C. and Zierock K.H. (1994) 'Evolution of road traffic emissions in urban areas of the European Community ' Science of the Total Environment (146/7) pp253-261.
Transactions on the Built Environment vol 16, © 1995 WIT Press, www.witpress.com, ISSN 1743-3509 Urban Transport and the Environment 213
Figure 2. AADT 1992: Greater Manchester Yearly Emissions for All Vehicles Transactions on the Built Environment vol 16, © 1995 WIT Press, www.
witpress.com, ISSN 1743-3509 214 Urban Transport and the Environment
Figure 3. The emissions per kilometre of NOx on motorways in three of the ten districts.